Having long careers really helps in setting up the foundation for everyone. If it is a sportsperson, then it definitely matters. The ideal career span of any sports personality is always shorter in comparison to other professions. So why not make the most of it? Our very own NFL superstar Ryan Fitzpatrick is no exception. A career that ended after 17 long years of constant success is now in his 2nd innings of life. Life after sports. But it is not always easy to maintain the lifestyle after achieving such heights, and there is constant pressure to maintain the standard of living post-retirement. There are various ventures that every sportsperson involves themselves with to keep their name flowing.
Ryan Fitzpatrick’s Net Worth
The only player to throw the touchdown pass and interceptions with eight different teams. He was always amongst the highest-paid athletes, and ever since his retirement, the topic of his net worth has been a hot one. This article will try to throw some light on the player, the source of his income, and his net worth.
Ryan- The Player
Through 17 long and intense playing years and representing nine different teams as a quarterback, Ryan started off with the football team at Harvard, they’re also becoming the first quarterback to reach over 1000 rushing yards. Shortly after, being selected by St. Louis Rams in the 2005 NFL draft (7th round). Following are all the teams Fitzpatrick has been a part of :
- St Louis Rams: 2005-2006, Quarterback, 3 year $953,000 contract
- Cincinnati Bengals: 2007-2008, Quarterback (undisclosed fee)
- Buffalo Bills: 2009-2012, Quarterback, three years $7.4 million contract
- Tennessee Titan: 2013, Quarterback (undisclosed fee)
- Houston Texans: 2014, Quarterback (undisclosed fee)
- New York Jets: 2015-2017, Quarterback (free agent, first season), $12 million( 2nd season)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 2017-2019, Quarterback, one year $3 million contract
- Miami Dolphins: 2019-2021, Quarterback, 2-year contract $11 million
- Washington Football Team: 2021, Quarterback (undisclosed fee)
Also, Read:- A Little Sneak-Peek Into Jenna Ortega’s Net Worth
After spending almost 2 decades, he finally decided to call it quits on June 2, 2022. Multiple and recurring injuries came into action, notably a hip injury he suffered in an accident in November 2021. As he could not play step out on the field for a long time, he decided that it was time to hang his boots.
Ryan Fitzpatrick has been a rock-solid figure in NFL history, nicknamed ‘Fitzmagic’ for his intensity and never say die attitude. He is the only player in NFL history being a quarterback to play for nine different teams. Reports suggest that the longtime quarterback earned over $80 million in NFL salary. Other brand deals and advertisements have done well for him. As of now, Ryan Fitzpatrick’s net worth is estimated to be around $30 million.