Online, One Hour Photo isn’t discussed as much, but it’s a horror that can carry its weight to this day. The Horror genre is one of the fascinating ones in all of the storytelling. The curiosity to watch bad things unfold, knowing we wouldn’t wish for it in real life. And often, there are horror flicks that leave you confused and wondering. And when you question the reasoning behind the emergence of emotions, you come up with nothing. One such movie made us feel the same way in the early twenty-first century.
The movie had Robin Williams takes the role of a man who has nothing and aims to fulfill a sociological need by pasting pictures of people he thinks to be wholesome. But things aren’t as they seem, and as the story progresses, Robin’s character Sy discovers things that unravel his perception. He does questionable things, yet when we learn the reasoning, it leaves us dumbfounded. If you are bored of modern-day CGI horror, then One Hour Photo might be what you need to satisfy your curiosity. One Hour Photo is easily available online these days.
What is One Hour Photo about?
One Hour Photo is a horror Movie centered around Seymour “Sy” Parrish and the Yorkshire family. He lives a lonely existence with no family, no friends, or lovers. And over the years, he has developed an obsession with the Yorkshire family for their appearance as the perfect family. He fills his room with their photos to soothe his loneliness by making extra copies of the pictures he makes for them. However, his solitary but unhealthy confinement is soon crushed as his boss fires him for making additional photos and slacking off.
One Hour Photo was Directed and Written by Mark Romanek. The film came out in 2002 in the United States.
Also Read: Planet Of The Apes 2017 Ending Explained
Cast For One Hour Photo
The movie was known for its unique cast of characters and their performances. Amicable and quick-witted Robin Williams added a unique take to the role. The film was also nominated for many awards and snagged some as well.
- Robin Williams as Seymour “Sy” Parrish
- Michael Vartan as Will Yorkin
- Connie Nielsen as Nina Yorkin
- Gary Cole as Bill Owens, Manager
- Eriq La Salle as Det. James Van Der Zee
- Clark Gregg as Det. Paul Outerbridge
- Paul H. Kim as Yoshi Araki
As with any movie, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes that make up the movie. One Hour Photo is no exception to this.
- Robin Williams took a two and half-day course in photography to practice for his role. He later satires about it in the movie.
- The movie director and writer, Mark Romanek, was inspired by the growing trend of isolated men that have been growing in direction.
- Robin Williams was going to play the role SavMart manager, but after the second read of the script, he requested the part of Sy.
- Director Mark Romanek did not use the original score of the music. The music made its way to NiN album still.
Where To Watch One Hour Photo Online
Those with Netflix subscribers will be sad to learn that the horror flick is unavailable on the OTT service. However, you can watch it on Amazon Prime.