Smokey and the Bandit 2 is a 1980 American action comedy film. Hal Needham directed it. It was initially released in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia. It is a sequel to the 1977 film Smokey and the Bandit. Most of the movie is shot in Florida. Keep reading further to learn about the filming locations and the story.
It failed to garner positive reviews from the audience. The story remarkable was unable to create the magic of its prequel. It has only 14% ratings on Rotten tomatoes. But the negative reviews were only limited to here. Smokey and the Bandit II grossed $10,883,835 on the first weekend itself. It also set a record on its opening weekend of about $18,108,031. Avery high number for that time and those reviews. The popularity did not stop at that. It became the eighth most popular movie at the United States and Canada box office, earning $66,132,626.
Synopsis of Smokey and the Bandits 2
The folk hero Bandit has fallen in bad times. His situation changes when he is hired. He is engaged in moving a pregnant elephant to a Republican convention in Dallas. Sheriff Buford T. Justice catches on to this news and plans to revenge. He intends to fail his mission to resurrect and thus begins the chaos. The movie works on a comedy of errors where each character tries to outwit the other.
Also read: Ms. Marvel Filming Locations
The movie was also picked for another sequel Smokey and the Bandits 3, in 1983. Reynolds appeared in just a guest appearance in the film. The cross-country landscape of the movie is very visual and appealing. The message of recovery and a shared home appealed to many viewers. This was the reason for its mass appeal and earnings. Even after earning many negative reviews, the movie was a hit among the viewers.
All ends well in the typical comedy fashion of the movie. Everything resolves in the end. And all the characters walk away happily with charlotte’s baby.
Meet the cast
The cast of the movie is as follows:
- Burt Reynolds as Bo “The Bandit” Darville
- Jackie Gleason as Sheriff Buford T. Justice
- Jerry Reed as Cledus “The Snowman” Snow
- Dom DeLuise as Dr. Frederico “Doc” Carlucci
- Sally Field as Carrie “Frog”
- Pat McCormick as Enos “Big Enos” Burdette
- Paul Williams as Enos “Little Enos” Burdette
- David Huddleston as John Conn
- Mike Henry as Junior Justice
- John Anderson as The Governo
Smokey and the Bandit 2-Filming Locations
The movie was mainly shot in Nevada, Georgia, and Florida. The complete list of locations is below:
- Las Vegas, Nevada in Henderson, NV.
- Statler Brothers, Texas
- Atlanta International Raceway.
- Burt Reynolds horse ranch located in Jupiter Farms, Florida
- Henderson, Nevada. The sign reads, “Texarkana Reformed United Evangelical Fundamental Church Of God,
- The Twelve Apostles, and Assorted Saints,” but it is St. Peters’s church in Henderson
- Jupiter Farms, Florida
- Northlake Blvd. and U.S.1 in North Palm Beach, Fl
- U.S.1 in North Palm Beach just south of PGA Blvd