Back To The Future is an American science fiction movie trilogy. The movie franchise is very popular as time-traveling films. Since its release, the franchise has become very popular with full-blown trilogies and many video games. Back to the future part 3 is the final installment in the trilogy. It was released in 1990 and followed Back to the Future Part II (1989). The time-travel adventures were highly enjoyed. The movies were hailed as an instant success on their release. Back to the Future 3 was directed by Robert Zemeckis. The movie was produced on a $40 million budget and was lauded on its release.
The movie was released six months after its predecessor. And did a total of $246 million on its initial run. 1990 was a good year in terms of the movies it produced. And Back To the Future became the sixth highest-grossing movie of 1990. Read on to find out about the cast and the locations of the film.
The Cast Of Back To The Future 3
Major credit for the success of the film goes to its stellar cast. The trilogy saw some finest examples of acting. The complete list of the actors is below:
- Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly / Seamus McFly
- Christopher Lloyd as Emmett “Doc” Brown
- Mary Steenburgen as Clara Clayton
- Thomas F. Wilson as Biff Tannen / Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen
- Lea Thompson as Lorraine McFly / Maggie McFly
- James Tolkan as Marshal James Strickland
- Matt Clark as Chester, The Bartender
Also read: Smokey And The Bandit 2 Filming Location
Where was Back to the Future filmed?
The trilogy includes some of the most visually stunning scenery of the 80s. The movie was praised for the visuals it served. Most of the film’s shooting was spread over two states, Arizona and California. The railway scenes of the movie were especially popular. The tracks and the engine were both used as props in the film. The location of these tracks was Railtown 1987, State Historical Park, Jamestown.
It is open to viewers and riders. You can ride in on the old-fashioned steam engines while you are at it. This will surely be a surreal Back to the Future experience for loyal fans. And you might see a glimpse of Doc brown riding the Hoverboard.
Doc brown’s house and the garage are other iconic locations from the movie. The house where Doc Brown was filmed is called the Gamble House. The full address of this location is 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena. This location has now been transformed into a museum. Doc Brown’s house is still a gift shop there.
Complete list of shooting locations
The complete list of all the shooting locations used in the movie is as follows:
- Sierra Railroad, Jamestown, California, USA
- Monument Valley, Utah, USA
- Monument Valley, Arizona, USA
- South Ventura Rd & Shoreview Dr, Port Hueneme, California, USA
- Doris Avenue & N. Oxford Drive Oxnard, California, USA
- Gamble House – 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, California, USA
- Jamestown, California, USA
- 3793 Oakhurst St., El Monte, California, USA
- Red Hills Ranch, Sonora, California, USA
That’s it on the filming locations for now. Stay tuned to the theartistree for further updates regarding the entertainment sector.