In the age of Cinema, when the movies are about CGI and big convoluted plots, we get a strong desire to watch a simple film that has become scarce for a long time. If you are someone who also wants to watch something normal and enjoy a quiet time while watching a movie, then you are at the right place. The adaptation of Lisa Kleypas’s first novel has a gentle and soothing breeze. The movie was a delightful watch with characters suffering from real life but serious problems. However, though the movie came out in Winter, the filming of it was done in summer. Which asks the question, where was Christmas With Holly filmed? Can’t it be summer, right?
Christmas With Holly Synopsis
Holly hasn’t said a word since being traumatized after her mother’s death. Her uncle, who had taken her in, decides it’s high time they move on with life. Maggie is a toy store that has left behind her past life in the pursuit of moving on with time in the city. The three people at Maggie’s toy store share a bond. As they spend more time together, their wounds start to close. Maggie and Mark started to come closer as time went on.
Character Cast for Christmas With Holly
The series has a plethora of unique characters and charms. The performances done by actors to bring the character to life are awe-inspiring. The Screenplay is written by Pnenah Goldstein and Directed by Allan Arkush. Nicole C. Taylor and Andrew Gottlieb are the producers of the movie. Charles Minsky does cinematography, and the Film Editor is Neil Mandelberg.
- Sean Faris as Mark Nagle
- Eloise Mumford as Maggie Conway
- Daniel Eric Gold as Alex Nagle
- Dana Watkins as Scott Nagle
- Catherine Bérubé as Kate Conway
- Alex Paxton-Beesley as Shelby
- Josie Gallina as Holly NagleChloe as Olive
- Vanessa Matsui as Cara
- Rhonda McLean as Principal Stewart
- Adam Baldwin as Stepbrother, Musician
- Jean Yoon as Ms. Dylan
- Fiona Forsythe as Chloe
- Cynthia Galant as Megan
- Wade Carroll as Running Man
- Lori Hallier as Liz Cooper
- Dawn McKelvie Cyr as Ms. Ames(as Dawn Cyr)
- Tessa Cameron as Female Customer
- Holly is played by twin sisters, Lucy Gallina and Josie Gallina.
- The Coffee shop owned by Sean Ferris is an actual shop and still runs.
- The movie is based on Lisa Kleypas’s Friday Harbor series. The film is an adaptation of the first novel, “Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.”
- The filming took place in summer, and actors were required to wear winter clothes.
Christmas With Holly Filming Locations
The story takes place in Washington state, but the actual filming was never done there. The entirety of the film was shot in Nova Scotia, Canada. The key locations are listed below.
- Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Chester Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
- 7 Gerrish St, Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada (This was where Maggi’s Toy store was)
- 40 Water St Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada (This is where T.A.N.’s coffee shop is)